Monday, July 23, 2012

Paula Hoffman appointed Interim Dean of Student Affairs


Paula Hoffman has been appointed to serve as Interim Dean of Student Affairs, filling a vacancy created when Nancy Mach, former Dean of Student Affairs, retired July 1 after serving in the role for more than eight years. Hoffman is no stranger to the higher education landscape, nor PTC, having served as PTC's Director of Academic Planning since 2008, and prior to that, Hoffman served as Integrated Service Project Grant Coordinator in PTC's Employment and Training Center since 2006. Additionally, Hoffman has instructed, teaching PTCG 1225 - Job Seeking and PHIL 1271 - Critical Thinking in Modern Society.

"It's already been nearly one month since I've taken on the Interim Dean position, and I am so happy I did," Hoffman says. "Throughout my career, I have been committed to creating a holistic environment for student success, and now, leading the student affairs department gives me the opportunity to pair my academic affairs, my teaching experience, and my knowledge and understanding of student success in a way that will uniquely contribute to the goals of PTC. I am more than excited to join Student Affairs, especially at this time, where we are readying for the start of the new academic year," Hoffman adds.

Hoffman holds a B.S. in Secondary Education/Social Studies from St. Cloud State University, an M.S. in Education-Professional Studies, and she continues to work on her Ph.D. in Post-Secondary Adult Education.

"As an educator and skilled administrator, Paula understands the educational and student service needs of our students, making her ideally suited for this role," PTC president Robert Musgrove, Ph.D., says. "Her experience in multiple roles at this college, combined with her formal education and training, have really prepared her for this senior leadership position, and we recognize we are very lucky to have her," Musgrove adds.

Photo at top: Paula Hoffman.

No comments: